AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #466 of 745
  I can not say anything but K812 WOW!!!

More Detail? Top secret at the moment.

You're joking, right? Because this is completely non-informative (the use of the word 'detail' in that sentence is highly comical in it's own right). Neither does it tell us anything about the headphone nor does it work as a showing off.

Except you have a secret girlfriend called K 812, in which case I sincerely apologize and look forward to the 'details'.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #468 of 745
The joy will be great. Planar or dynamic Driver
wink_face.gif
 ... shortly ...
tongue_smile.gif
 great show

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #469 of 745
Welp everyone I just snagged the HD800's (been lusting after them forever!) So the k812 better be damn good if it wants a spot in my collection! lol

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #471 of 745
  Does AKG just have a bunch of sleeper agents on this forum or something... sheesh

Yes

I'm not interested in grabbing these right now... However I'll hang out for the lulz AND who knows!? They might be the new best can ever or a complete turd... either way I'm curious, BUT not serious lol

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #472 of 745
Oct 4, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #473 of 745

Yes

I'm not interested in grabbing these right now... However I'll hang out for the lulz AND who knows!? They might be the new best can ever or a complete turd... either way I'm curious, BUT not serious lol

I am highly skeptical to be honest... I mean there is no single headphone that is considered the very best by the majority of people, maybe except SR-009 but that's heavily supported by the fact that SR-009 cost 3-5x more than other high-end headphones (so they quite SHOULD be the best) and that the majority of people with SR-009 pair them with ultra high-end amplifiers which is not always true with dynamic flagships. So these would basically need to deliver near-SR-009 performance for HD800 price to be considered "the best" and not just "one from many".

Does AKG just have a bunch of sleeper agents on this forum or something... sheesh

Yes... I was saying this from the beginning, isnt it pretty obvious?

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #478 of 745
Just read the whole thread;you got to love the Austrians(even his only post in german was full of spelling mistakes etc.)but if this turns out to be a flagship and can deliver soundwise,I am going to buy it.
My HD800 needs some competition!

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #479 of 745
  When you hear it, you will understand the price. Two things, no more and no less: WOW and world class!

I've got a pair of 15 € modded Yamaha orthos that sound much better than the K 701, so the K812 truly have a ways to go to convince me of their 100x price.

Not to say I don't appreciate AKG coming up with new models - just that the trend for several years has been less quality for more money.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #480 of 745

I've got a pair of 15 € modded Yamaha orthos that sound much better than the K 701, so the K812 truly have a ways to go to convince me of their 100x price.

Not to say I don't appreciate AKG coming up with new models - just that the trend for several years has been less quality for more money.

You are right. Not for everything, but for some.

Therefore, we go back to 1989. A world-class base. We build on it ... and now, 24 years later ... let them surprise you
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back