AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #437 of 745
It might have been pointed out already, but the K712 drivers are in fact different than the previous K-series drivers.  They are similar, but different.  I spoke to Phillipe from AKG recently and he confirmed they are not the same drivers with tweaks.  

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #438 of 745
  It might have been pointed out already, but the K712 drivers are in fact different than the previous K-series drivers.  They are similar, but different.  I spoke to Phillipe from AKG recently and he confirmed they are not the same drivers with tweaks.  

How do they differ?

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #439 of 745

How do they differ?

You'll have to wait for my review that will appear on Headfonics :)  I am on the first batch reviewers list for the K812 as well.  I love the K712 and really can't even image what the K718 will sound like.  Can't wait to get my ears on that when it's ready!

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #441 of 745

You'll have to wait for my review that will appear on Headfonics :)  I am on the first batch reviewers list for the K812 as well.  I love the K712 and really can't even image what the K718 will sound like.  Can't wait to get my ears on that when it's ready!

I hope you'll get some measurements as well if there's a wait. The K 712 response looks like any other K 701-based response except with a bass hump. Would be nice to see a THD and a CSD, too.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #442 of 745

I hope you'll get some measurements as well if there's a wait. The K 712 response looks like any other K 701-based response except with a bass hump. Would be nice to see a THD and a CSD, too.

Headroom has had measurements for the 712 for quite a while now.

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/akg-k712-pro.php#tabs

Also its been noted that the 712 and the annie don't differ too much. The difference is pretty small from what I heard from MLE. Its all in the 712 thread which I haven't been really following closely

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #448 of 745
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #449 of 745
Graphs cannot tell you how clear the headphone is, what the stereo image feels like in width, height or depth, cannot tell you how it responds for media and gaming and cannot tell you how enjoyable the headphone will be for you, what type of flavor or coloration it produces, what type of bass texturing it has or at all what type of bass it has in general in terms of presentation type:  Soft, hard, broad, warm, neutral, dry.  Nodda.  All you can denote from a graph and measurements are what the overall responsiveness of the headphone is, if it has a bloom or exaggeration somewhere and where the headphone might roll off in a critical sense.   That is great information to have, but just a small part of the experience in my opinion.    

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #450 of 745
  Graphs cannot tell you how clear the headphone is, what the stereo image feels like in width, height or depth, cannot tell you how it responds for media and gaming and cannot tell you how enjoyable the headphone will be for you, what type of flavor or coloration it produces, what type of bass texturing it has or at all what type of bass it has in general in terms of presentation type:  Soft, hard, broad, warm, neutral, dry.  Nodda.  All you can denote from a graph and measurements are what the overall responsiveness of the headphone is, if it has a bloom or exaggeration somewhere and where the headphone might roll off in a critical sense.   That is great information to have, but just a small part of the experience in my opinion.    

If graphs were the end all be all the 712 would sound just like the HD800 and Sennheiser would be out of the end game headphone game. Still the graphs were nice to show that AKG put some bass life into the 712's, considering all the complaints of bass from the 701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back