AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Sep 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #376 of 745
That price range knocks out every single headphone for me, except the TH-900, and only because the D7000 is my fave headphone, and the TH-900 is it's spiritual successor. I have no desire on spending that much money on an analytically/neutrally inclined headphone which I have no doubt is AKG's mission.

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #377 of 745
Wait for real impressions. Not wise to judge prematurely when we don't know a lot yet.

If AKG is getting criticised for a build or material judged from photos then STAX should be entirely dismissed. Have you guys ever seen or worn a Stax oder are familiar how mediocre they are build for their extreme price?

There are different forms of leather with differently felt heat or comfort. Fostex and Ultrasone for instance use very good leather while general pleather is getting hot and sweaty very early.

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #378 of 745
Non-velour pads are a definite fail... They would have to sound leagues above HD800 to convince me at their price (Ive got HD800 fully new for 1200USD).

Nomax is just some hired guy from Harman... Isnt it pretty obvious? A good marketing strategy.

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #379 of 745
Sep 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #381 of 745
NO im not from harman!believe me!yes i am Little Crazy and headphones are my Passion since over 20 years!i say it in the past i have any sources to the Industrie an to the engeniers in Europe!

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #382 of 745
You're a bit erratic though. I would trust your posts, but the erratic nature of them make it hard to do so. Not that I don't believe you. Just... calm down a bit?

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #383 of 745
NO im not from harman!believe me!yes i am Little Crazy and headphones are my Passion since over 20 years!i say it in the past i have any sources to the Industrie an to the engeniers in Europe!

Hahahaha...  Actually I incline to believe you I guess....

Wait for real impressions. Not wise to judge prematurely when we don't know a lot yet.

If AKG is getting criticised for a build or material judged from photos then STAX should be entirely dismissed. Have you guys ever seen or worn a Stax oder are familiar how mediocre they are build for their extreme price?

There are different forms of leather with differently felt heat or comfort. Fostex and Ultrasone for instance use very good leather while general pleather is getting hot and sweaty very early.

This really reminds me someone who complained about HD800's plastic. For Stax's case, they really should be criticized..... I heard so many horror stores on their low range models. All I want is durable, long-lasting, easy-to-maintain headphones.
Now, rest is all about the sound... If this headphone gives us 1.5k sound, that's cool. If not, we can always avoid like we did on Edition 10.

That price range knocks out every single headphone for me, except the TH-900, and only because the D7000 is my fave headphone, and the TH-900 is it's spiritual successor. I have no desire on spending that much money on an analytically/neutrally inclined headphone which I have no doubt is AKG's mission.

analytically/neutrally, in other words, accurate. I mean hi-fi is supposed to be accurate sound, right? 
etysmile.gif

Pretty much all of AKG flagships I listened/owned/still own follow this logic.... K340, K1000, K501, K701 and recent ones like K551 are very neutral, accurate sound.  Suddenly this post made me regret selling K340..

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #384 of 745
I like leather much better than velour.

Price sounds about right. The TH900 when released were upwards of $2.5k, and the $1.5k akg hits square on with the hd800/T1 rrp pricing. Not surprising at all. It'll no doubt drop as all akg headphones do, unless they employ sennheiser/ultrasone like price fixing. 

It's actually the first time I can remember reading about hate towards leather pads..bit confused really considering so many multi thousand dollar flagships come with leather pads (TH900, Ultrasone signature, edition, Stax..)

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #385 of 745
  I repeat again there is no idea. Just simple double headband. No more. You can't do it in a different way.

Sure you can do it in a different way. You can do it in countless ways and that's what you pay a designer for. If you want to be cheap, you copy what's been done before.

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #386 of 745
Hm, I'm not gonna buy K?812 just because they have more bass and can play louder than Q701. I can get deaf in 15 min if i want to now with my Q701, and while a little more bass would be okay, I guess that's why they made K712... What I'm interrested in is some more 360' 3D sound. Better resolution and lots of PRaT

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #387 of 745
@ZOZA More Bass and you can Play very loud with tis Phones!i think THIS Phones will be between hd 800 and my Favorite Baby th 900!but THIS is my opinion!regards from Austria nomax!

More bass? I think I will pass. I like AKG, but I see that they are going from one extreme (low bass at K601/701) to another (K712). I would really love to have something more natural or musical than HD800 (which sometimes are a little bit too bright) from AKG. Oh well... maybe solution for my "problem" will be T1?

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #388 of 745
More bass? I think I will pass. I like AKG, but I see that they are going from one extreme (low bass at K601/701) to another (K712). I would really love to have something more natural or musical than HD800 (which sometimes are a little bit too bright) from AKG. Oh well... maybe solution for my "problem" will be T1?

I'm still getting mah lcd2.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #389 of 745
If you find that the bass of the K 701 has too little impact, you can try this simple mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660408/reversible-akg-k701-bass-mod

It does wonders to the bass impact without altering the sound otherwise.

Back on topic: might be a little early to make a decision whether to buy it or not. I know it's a little far fetched, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to actually hear headphones before deciding.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #390 of 745
  If you find that the bass of the K 701 has too little impact, you can try this simple mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660408/reversible-akg-k701-bass-mod

It does wonders to the bass impact without altering the sound otherwise.

Back on topic: might be a little early to make a decision whether to buy it or not. I know it's a little far fetched, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to actually hear headphones before deciding.

I would like to see them measured... Depending on their frequency response graph primarily, I will decide whether they are worth listening or not. If they are going to have that infamous 2khz spike (for example), then its a sure thing I wont be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back