AKG K712 Pro - Cable Replacement Advice
Jun 21, 2021 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Lightstylez

New Head-Fier
The original cable was damaged and I started getting audio cutting out of 1 ear so was looking for a replacement cable. I know the K712 uses mini-xlr to 3.5mm stereo jack, will any cable work or does it need certain specs? Most of the descriptions of these cables mention they are for microphones and say things like "3.5mm(1/8) TO XLR audio cable combines the left and right stereo signal from a source with 3.5mm stereo output to a single mono feed"

Would something like this work COLICOLY XLR to 3.5mm Cable ?

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 2
The original cable was damaged and I started getting audio cutting out of 1 ear so was looking for a replacement cable. I know the K712 uses mini-xlr to 3.5mm stereo jack, will any cable work or does it need certain specs? Most of the descriptions of these cables mention they are for microphones and say things like "3.5mm(1/8) TO XLR audio cable combines the left and right stereo signal from a source with 3.5mm stereo output to a single mono feed"

Would something like this work COLICOLY XLR to 3.5mm Cable ?
I bought this one for mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAST95Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, they seem similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back