AKG k702 or Sennheiser HD650
Nov 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #91 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT IS FIXED BY AMP...NO AMP, NO SOUND...
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

*sigh* You don't speak english well do you? He's asking you to point out a flaw in the K701/2s THAT CANNOT BE FIXED, PERIOD! If it can be fixed by a proper amp, it is not what he's asking for.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #92 of 97
I vote we add any discussion of the AKG K70* to things like cable DBT : we know people are passionate about them, but any discussion simply leads us on a downhill path. Same old arguments, often put forward by the same posters : we would seem to be going backward.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #93 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's asking you to point out a flaw in the K701/2s THAT CANNOT BE FIXED, PERIOD! If it can be fixed by a proper amp, it is not what he's asking for.

The K701/2 will sound different from any amp or DAC, and the effect will be more noticeable than most of the other hps.
And yes flaws can be fixed by changing the amp and/or the DA converters. I mean if you are a fanatic basshead forget it...
Some amps or sound card will emphasizes the bass or the high mids more then the others.
So, where exactly you find the flaw in headphone or the amp? Now, if you seek K701/2 haven, try first the Phonitor and then the Luxman with difrent DA converters.

Conclusion, If you have the money buy the good equipment. If you don't have the money, go to meetings or studios and try to gain some experience.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #94 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote we add any discussion of the AKG K70* to things like cable DBT : we know people are passionate about them, but any discussion simply leads us on a downhill path. Same old arguments, often put forward by the same posters : we would seem to be going backward.

Well spoken...err...written.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #96 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to be clear, I'm not really talking about the K701. I'm just trying to discuss the idea of being more honest about headphone's strengths and weaknesses, so that there is a more clear picture throughout head-fi of their signature. With many headphones, we have a pretty good idea. But with others, it seems all over the place. Sometimes that's because of different views, but other times it's because of uncompromising fanboyism. Which is cool, I'm just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back