AKG K702 Cable Upgrade - What to get?
Oct 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 5
I was also wondering the same thing, although the thread dates back to September, i didn't want to make another thread. I was reading over some posts other members commented on, but still have a few questions. 1) Which type of cable would sound better with the AKG 702 silver or copper? 2) Which brand/company would be considered better? so far i have only seen two companies: Dragon and Double Helix. Thanks for all the help.

Oct 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 5
I too, am considering purchasing a cable upgrade for my K702s. From what I understand, silver (while an excellent match for a number of Sennheiser's), is a rather poor choice for the K702s as it makes them sound too shrill. Such is the nature of silver.

I have heard good things about Moon Audio's Blue Dragon cables, and Double Helix's cables seem to be of excellent quality.

My question of course, is whether or not it lends a noticeable improvement.

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 5
TTVJ have AKG cable on sale NOW. Aftermarket cable will take your headphone up another big step in sound. K702s sound good with copper, may bright with silver.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm the DHC guy. All I can tell you is metals wise, pure copper is the way to go. When I had K702s I liked regular copper better than silver plated copper, definitely you don't want to make K702s brighter than they already are. You can't make the K702 a less bright headphone per se with cables, but you can make them sound a bit more pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back