AKG K701s can now be had for $260.
Dec 16, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #16 of 21
Talking about getting a K701 cheap:
Some months ago Amazon.de (Germany) had the K701 online for 119€, due to an internal error. But people who ordered it during the time the wrong price was on, got it for 119€.....

Dec 16, 2006 at 10:32 AM Post #18 of 21
Hmm... Interesting. I might finally get one, soon enough.

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by vai-777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for what they are $250 sounds about right, not $320 $ 300 ect....

So you feel that the most accurate uncolored neutral sound today is worth $250? Or are you just one of those that thinks sound reproduction is a matter of taste? I'm sure glad people don't apply that mentality when assessing TVs or monitors. All of my screens would look a little green if that were the case because I LIKE green so I guess everything should be a little green!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 17, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeflier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you feel that the most accurate uncolored neutral sound today is worth $250? Or are you just one of those that thinks sound reproduction is a matter of taste? I'm sure glad people don't apply that mentality when assessing TVs or monitors. All of my screens would look a little green if that were the case because I LIKE green so I guess everything should be a little green!!!!!!!!!!!

via-777 is also only powering the K701's and HD650's with a computer sound card ONLY. I would take what he says about either headphone with a grain of salt, especially the 701's, since they don't seem to "jive" well with his sound card.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back