AKG K701
Jun 5, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanPrior
How about AKG K701 in bass? if I listen music as mix music which bass is the most important, this AKG are good?

Dan, can you please respond within your own threads and ask questions there? This thread starting business is getting silly.

Though this question is more relevant.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruppin
I hate to bring this up, but this is another thread started by this OP, which contains about 1 sentence. I am, like others, beginning to wonder if he asks these general questions to get folks going, or if he really wants information.

Take a look at http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...76#post2147276

A considered response takes some time. If you ask questions, it would be nice to take the time to write a specific question.

I'm sorry, but that's really none of your business. So what if the OP doesn't make 3 paragraph long posts if he can convey what he wants to ask in one? The man is obviously looking to buy a new headphone just like all of us and wants to make sure that he makes the right decision (and yes I have looked at his post history and see nothing wrong with it). English may not even be his native language, and thus he may be scared to respond to what you all have to say. Give him a break. The way many akg fans make it sound is that the k701's have copious bass on tap AT all times. Had he not made this post, he may have bought the k701's thinking that they actually have the bass he's looking for.

To the OP, I at one point in time had the k601's (aparently the "bassier" version of the k701's) and let me just tell you that the bass is virtually nonexistant. If you are AT ALL into ANY sort of bass heavy music like I am, these headphones will be SUCH a dissapointment. Go for the HD600's or the 650's if you are a fan of bass; heck, even the DT880's are MUCH better in this department than the k601's EVER were.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
I'm sorry, but that's really none of your business. So what if the OP doesn't make 3 paragraph long posts if he can convey what he wants to ask in one? The man is obviously looking to buy a new headphone just like all of us and wants to make sure that he makes the right decision (and yes I have looked at his post history and see nothing wrong with it). English may not even be his native language, and thus he may be scared to respond to what you all have to say. Give him a break. The way many akg fans make it sound is that the k701's have copious bass on tap AT all times. Had he not made this post, he may have bought the k701's thinking that they actually have the bass he's looking for.

To the OP, I at one point in time had the k601's (aparently the "bassier" version of the k701's) and let me just tell you that the bass is virtually nonexistant. If you are AT ALL into ANY sort of bass heavy music like I am, these headphones will be SUCH a dissapointment. Go for the HD600's or the 650's if you are a fan of bass; heck, even the DT880's are MUCH better in this department than the k601's EVER were.

This thread is certainly a better one, but this particular OP has a bit of a history in posting questions, then never following up within the threads. Then, a while later, another question is asked in a brand new thread that could have easily been covered if it had been asked in the first thread. Also, the search function...

I really don't mind this thread though, compared to the "GS1000 vs. K701" type thing. Like, that's really all he wrote.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #19 of 26
Has anyone tried the 701's with a subwoofer? Ever since modding my HD280's
basshead.gif
icon10.gif
, I've been dissapointed with the bass on the 701's.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
Has anyone tried the 701's with a subwoofer? Ever since modding my HD280's
basshead.gif
icon10.gif
, I've been dissapointed with the bass on the 701's.

I've tried headphones in general with a subwoofer and even though it's cool for a while, ultimately the differences in phase and timing get REALLY bothersome.

Personally, I feel like if you're dissapointed with the bass on the AKG's, no ammount of burn in will help this; just return or sell and get a different headphone. From all the headphones I have heard, the k601's have the least bass I have ever heard from a "hifi" headphone; either go the dt880 or HD600/650 route.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

I've tried headphones in general with a subwoofer and even though it's cool for a while, ultimately the differences in phase and timing get REALLY bothersome.

Personally, I feel like if you're dissapointed with the bass on the AKG's, no ammount of burn in will help this; just return or sell and get a different headphone. From all the headphones I have heard, the k601's have the least bass I have ever heard from a "hifi" headphone; either go the dt880 or HD600/650 route.

I heard the newer DT880 this weekend at the NYC electrostat meet, and I was really impressed with the bass. Really nice and tight... I kind of wish I could compare it directly to my old 880. I feel like it must have been improved.

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I heard the newer DT880 this weekend at the NYC electrostat meet, and I was really impressed with the bass. Really nice and tight... I kind of wish I could compare it directly to my old 880. I feel like it must have been improved.

Yeah, I regret selling my DT880's because I realized that during my speaker search, THAT was what I was comparing speakers to. One of these days Ima get the 880's again. I'm excited to hear the new version as well

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
In relation to the 650s, of course the 701s are leaner sounding in the bass. That being said I feel that the 650s have exaggerated bass.

ditto
basshead.gif
blink.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #24 of 26
Man, do I ever feel like the odd one out when I read these threads about the 701. I feel like they have enough, if not too much, bass! :p

I've been listening to other headphones as well, on multiple amps, and some of them do have more bass...but not the sort of tremendous night and day difference people seem to be expressing here...in some cases anyhow. I agree that they're probably on the leaner side when taking into account all headphones, but I don't think they are tremendously lean. The K501s are _much_ leaner, at least in my experience.

I also quite enjoy electronica on the K701, by the way, as does both my brother and one of my friends, who listen primarily to that sort of music (including stuff with heavy, impactful bass). They were really impressed with the K701, overall, and that one friend has a pretty spiffy pair of CD1700s.

Jun 5, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Is there software that would delay the sound to different channels?

Jun 5, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
Is there software that would delay the sound to different channels?

If you look I'm sure there is, but in all honesty, I feel like you would have a very hard time regardless even if you did find this, because a sub is RIDICULOUSLY hard to integrate with even a two channel setup, let alone with a pair of transducers that are sitting less than an inch from your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back