AKG K701
Feb 26, 2006 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mikey01

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard the AKG K701's for the first time today, at the Cincinnati meet, and fell in love. They are much like my Beyer DT 990's in every respect yet different. It was like "live". I will be buying a pair.
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 7
The very best thing about them is their white color with gray trim.

Goes great in my living room (black walls and black ceiling with a white rug and furniture either black or gray).

I just wish they would come out with a chartreuse and gold trim model to match with my bedroom decor.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Aaaaa... I'm really itching for a pair of K701s, thankfully they're still a bit hard to obtain which is helping me save up instead of engaging in direct wallet damage
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Aaaaa... I'm really itching for a pair of K701s, thankfully they're still a bit hard to obtain which is helping me save up instead of engaging in direct wallet damage
tongue.gif

ditto!

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 7
I feel guilty for adding to the "hype" but I recently made a decision to keep them and sell my HD650s and W2002s... and now I can whole-heartedly say it was the right choice.

I just upgraded my amp from a WNA headamp (excellent value amp at PPA level) to a headroom max with stepped atten. All I can say is WOW. I was absolutely gob smacked... even emotional. They scaled so well with the new amp.

Soundstage is now wider than my HD650s, imaging is pin-sharp and completely coherent (no "3 blobs" syndrome). I can not only "hear" the air inbetween the instruments, but I also feel a real sense of being present in the recording room. I honestly didn't think it would make such a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back