AKG K701 Status Update from B&H
Feb 16, 2006 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dmb367

100+ Head-Fier
I had called B&H the other day to try and figure out if I ever was going to get my AKG's. They said they had to contact the dealer and they'd email me soon. I got that email this morning.

from B&H customer service:

"Joe,

Please be advised that we are expecting in
the AKG K701 Headphone you have on
backorder, in about 2 weeks.

B&H Customer Service"

I thought I would post this b/c I know after RnB's thread alot of people ordered from here. It seems the intial time period they gave me was terribly wrong. I'm kinda wishing I would have ordered from TTVJ now
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 7
The K701 is backordered everywhere, so unless you ordered early, I doubt your situation would change even if you had gone elsewhere.

I ordered one through Headroom over two months ago and I'm still waiting. But at least Jamey from Headroom is posting updates on the situation occasionally. He said Headroom expects a shipment this week (confirmed with tracking number from AKG) and should be able to fill orders placed prior to December 10 so I'm expecting mine next week.

I've dealt with B&H for camera gear and their service is OK as far as NY stores go. But for audio stuff, Headroom and TTVJ offer top notch service. When the K701 was first delayed (in a long string of delays), Jamey personally called me to apologize and give me an update on the situation. I appreciated that, and that's the biggest reason why I've stuck with Headroom for this purchase.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 7
I like BH for buying camera and other stuff, but it just makes sense to go with TTVJ and Headroom for headphones because 1) they will match prices 2) more personal service 3) they sponsor this site 4) their return policies are as good as anywhere else

But it wouldn't help you to change your order now to them because you'll be placed at the back of the queue

My K701's are backordered all the way from my order in November, so I will for sure get them next week. Headroom and TTVJ have said they will be able to catch up with the backorders by the end of the month or early march.

Feb 16, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 7
this is why i ordered the day headroom started taking preorders
smily_headphones1.gif

dont worry its worth the wait
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back