AKG K701 - Out of stock everywhere. What's happening?
Nov 23, 2006 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dead Ghost

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy these headphones, i don't want to spend more then 260usd. I searched with froogle and everywhere i looked, they are out of stock. Does anybody knows a better place where they have it on stock?

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 12
On stock yes, but they cost 449usd and they don't show the "lower price" and i can't give them a call because i'm not from the us...
blink.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 12
No, it must be from the US. Somebody from US is sending me the packet, but i make the online purchese from here. Besides, it's much cheaper for me to buy it from US, because of the currency.

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Ghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it must be from the US. Somebody from US is sending me the packet, but i make the online purchese from here. Besides, it's much cheaper for me to buy it from US, because of the currency.

I got a set from Thomann in Germany for EUR 259 delivery to UK was included in this price - if you are in an EU country VAT is included as well. If you get them sent via USA you will pay duty
blink.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 12
Google search for "lowest price K-701" was a chart with stores and this one was the cheapest.
http://thestore.bluecraze.com/index....&ProdID=207479, 3 left, free shipping, $244.

But since you're in Europe, wouldn't it be cheaper to get it from some german retailer?

Edit:
$244 + $30 for shipping + small overhead = $290 = €226. Not bad at all!

If you can skip around import duties, that is. If you do get hit with import duties it'll be roughly €280. It'll end up being more expensive than a european dealer, a lot more trouble, and harder with warranty returns. Is that really worth the chance of saving €45?

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #8 of 12
Thank you for your help, i will try to buy them from bluecraze.

ps: i don't pay any duty or vat or anything, just the shipping cost, wich will also be devided between some of my friends (my headphones are not the only ones in that package
wink.gif
).

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Ghost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your help, i will try to buy them from bluecraze.

ps: i don't pay any duty or vat or anything, just the shipping cost, wich will also be devided between some of my friends (my headphones are not the only ones in that package
wink.gif
).

Packages are randomly opened and checked for contents, then a verification of it's price is done. In case where they can't do this they'll ask for copies of payment records. That's my experience.
You can still get hit with taxes and import duties even if you underdeclare it, especially with packages that clearly aren't gifts such as the one you're about to ship. Still, good luck!

Nov 23, 2006 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 12
Blackmore, do you know if they ship internationally?

Those prices are pretty damn good!

Nov 23, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #11 of 12
Some of them are happy to do so, but not sure which one. You have to contact them personally for such service. Not all of them willing to ship outside EU for sure.
Just try to go on each site and look for KONTAKT link. You will get the phone number of them, so you can make a quick call and ask. Otherwise by e-mail but it is all in German, so can be a problem, I guess...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blackmore, do you know if they ship internationally?

Those prices are pretty damn good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back