AKG k701/k702 for small heads
Apr 20, 2010 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

clams

Head-Fier
I have a fairly small head (I'm 5'4" and 120lbs) and was wondering if the k701s would be too big for my head. In general I'm just wondering if the size of my head will decrease clamping force causing the headphones to be loose and possible sound worse.

Thanks in advance

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 6
I find that the 702 wants to hang a bit low on my head, but it isn't a clamping force issue so much as the little spongy strings that provide vertical resistance aren't very thick. The problem got a bit worse since I removed the bumps due to comfort, but you could just remove the bumps and put some sort of thicker pad to solve that problem should you encounter it.

Sideways clamping force shouldn't be an issue for you though - that aspect is reasonably strong.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The 702 are very flexible when it comes to size. When i had them in possession, a lot of my friends listened to them, one of which is very tiny, she didn't seem to have any problems, nor did i see anything out of the ordinary like the headphone slipping/bouncing when she was moving to the music.
k701smile.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Since my 6 years old daughter can wear it and run around you shouldn't worry too much..

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 6
awesome. thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back