AKG K701 break in period
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 8
Most people recommend bass heavy music at moderate levels.

I however don't believe in it. I have a well used 1000+ hour K701 and a 40+ hour K702 and they sound the same to me. If there is any difference it's incredibly minimal.

EDIT: I suggested bass heavy music since it make the diaphragm flex more.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Mostly getting used to it perhaps. On your first K701 it always sounded the same?
Most people recommend pink noise because it´s by far the fastest way
smily_headphones1.gif
Not on the first hours. 75 db max and good to have some pauses or less stressful music in between to let them cool down.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Yeah I really didn't hear much change at all. It was a very small change but not like other people make it out to be.

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 8
I ran my K701's in with the "Ayre CD" as well as the "Granite Audio Extreme Workout CD". Neither helped and I eve ran them off of my Marantz CD player.

As of now I'm very skeptical about this.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people recommend bass heavy music at moderate levels.

I however don't believe in it. I have a well used 1000+ hour K701 and a 40+ hour K702 and they sound the same to me. If there is any difference it's incredibly minimal.

EDIT: I suggested bass heavy music since it make the diaphragm flex more.

Thats another myth put to the sword.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 8
This is head fi where small improvements are gigantic in size
smily_headphones1.gif
. I didn´t have the K701 new so I wouldn´t know how that corresponds. It´s a bit funny since on the K701 since 1000h is the prescription according to some... At that point any headphone have brainwashed you into submission I suspect
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it´sa bit interesting subject.I am getting some german maestro which have no moving parts and thus is surely not affected. So I would know if I detect differences it will be me getting used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back