AKG K612 pro replacement earpads?
Jan 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eedijs

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've just got the headphones and I find them not that comfortable at all. The pads they come with are stiff and I think I've read somewhere that it was possible to swap to more comfy ones from another akg heaphone - I just can't find that post anymore.

Anyone know if that is possible?

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Pads tend to soften up a little through use. If you haven't had them that long, you might give them a little break in time and see :)

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi, I've just got the headphones and I find them not that comfortable at all. The pads they come with are stiff and I think I've read somewhere that it was possible to swap to more comfy ones from another akg heaphone - I just can't find that post anymore.

Anyone know if that is possible?

I've just got my 612's too, I agree about the comfort but the general consensus is that you need to wait for about 2 weeks for the pads to adjust to your head. I'm guessing this is because they are "hard" as opposed to the soft memory foam pads everyon is used too.

Alternatively the new AKG 7XX uses entirely different sofer pads, you could try and order these, but it may alter the sound.

Let me know how you go.

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi, now I don't really care about the pads anymore as the headband is hurting the top of my head after a while (no cushioning at all).
I'm most likely returning the headphones to get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back