AKG K601????
Apr 9, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 32
They're just not on the front page
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 32
I think they are wonderful phones. They lack bass impact (not extension, mind you), thus making them lean-sounding. IMO one should check if they like this 'lean' approach before commiting to these phones.

As to being analytical or forgiving, I don't really know. I think they are designed to be more musical than analytical, and they are superb with strings/guitars/pianos (the AKG's strong points). I could try plugging the K601 into a PC on-board output just to see how it responds to 'lower-end equipments' but they will likely sound bad anyway from the lack of amplification (they are inefficient).

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 32
If you are into rock music, then you should definitely check out a Grado or Alessandro headphone. For Grado, I would recommend the SR225, as it occupies a middle spot in their lineup, and it gives a very good idea of higher-up Grado phones. I have a SR225, and I absolutely love rocking out with them. I have never heard an Alessandro headphone before, but most people here would probably recommend a MS-1 for starters.

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 32
Well, the first problem with Grados are that they are hard to get in Canada. Second I really want a 'phone that is very comfortable, thrid, correct me if I'm wrong, but the build quality looks sort of iffy. And lastly, I heard that the Grado headphones are a love'm or hate'm sort of thing. So, is there anything else? Or can you convince me to get a Alessandro?

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2426
Again, comfort is very important to me, as I plan on using these headphones for hours at a time.

HD595 or A900 are quite good for rock music. And they're very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back