AKG K553 Pro vs Beyer DT 770 Pro
May 21, 2015 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HiddenFatKid

Head-Fier
Hey guys!
I'm looking for a good pair of good entry level closed back headphones, and I've narrowed it down to these two pairs. 

I listen to Rock (mostly Foo Fighters and Weezer) and Hip Hop/Rap (Action Bronson and Twenty One Pilots).

I'm looking for a very comfortable fit, that I can wear for hours on end, with a neutral (maybe a little bassy kick).

What would be the best out of these two pairs, or should I wait, and save up for a used pair of Mad Dogs?

Whatever I get will be ran through a Magni 2 and Modi 2 Schiit Stack.

Thanks for reading!

May 21, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 3
Do you have a local shop you can try these out? That would be my first suggestion, especially for "comfort" testing them.

I don't have the DT 770's, but I do have the K553. I like them (the K553) well enough, but they're not the first headphones I pick up for either of those genres. Heck, I like the Q701 pair better, for both of those, than the K553.

May 21, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 3
K553 is comfy, but earpads may be a bit shallow. depends how prominent your ears are whether that will be an issue.

as a blind recommendation based on comfort for you if you can't demo these yourself, I would say go with the Beyers. I do greatly enjoy the K553 pros though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back