AKG K550s Or Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Aug 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Baggelz

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this threads been created before, but I'm at a bit of a loss with what I've read.

Basically I'm looking for a gaming/music hybrid kind of headset. Music-wise I mainly listen to Heavy Metal; gaming-wise I play a lot of FPS games and MMORPGs.

I'd like some insight on these two headsets if anybody could help out?

Which would be best for hearing and pinpointing bullets, explosions, footsteps and reload sounds?

Which would be best for heavy metal kind of music? To hear the crispness of the guitar and the kick from the drums?

Thanks for any answers!

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 10
Between the two I would choose the K550. Better soundstage and better quality of sound IMHO.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 10
K550 will be better for gaming than the M50 without a doubt, however they aren't very suited for metal. Not the kind of fast headphone for that genre. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
So far I've been leaning towards the AKG K550s, but I'm still undecided. Anyone else with any input?

Check out the Audio Technica ATH-A900X, should be roughly in the same league as the K550, but the ATH-A900Xs are currently way cheaper.

Currently Rakuten is selling the refurb A900X for $130 and new A990X for $155, prices do not include tax and shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back