AKG K550 : store accept no return?
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stfchampagne

New Head-Fier
Hi! I did not know where to post this question, so anyway if it is not where it should I apologize. I recently bought a pair of K550 from avshop.ca. All went smooth, good service... but now that I would like to return them because of the fit being loose, it appears that they don't accept return on open headphones... Is that common? It is the first time that I can't return headphones...

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 9
Have you checked the returns policy for that store? 

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Hi! I did not know where to post this question, so anyway if it is not where it should I apologize. I recently bought a pair of K550 from avshop.ca. All went smooth, good service... but now that I would like to return them because of the fit being loose, it appears that they don't accept return on open headphones... Is that common? It is the first time that I can't return headphones...

Not common.

But not surprised a Canadian electronics store has poor service when it comes to electronics. When I lived there, electronics were all over-priced and the policies on them were awful. I assume it's due to import tax/duties/customs pressure for massive cost them.

You'll probably just have to sell them.

Very best,

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 9
Well, it seems like you have 2 options. Sell the headphones or make a mod to adjust them to your head shape. 

(If everything else fails when it comes to returns)

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Like i said do your research print out the sales of goods act, take it too the store and say under teh sales of goods act i'd like a refund, if they say no then explain the law states that you can have a refund. if they say no then take it to a small claims court.

Oh thanks for you help. But, I'm in Canada and I'm unaware that a law like this one exists here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back