AKG K550 problem
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robespierre

New Head-Fier
Hi to all

I recently(2.5 months ago) acquired AKG K550 headphones,they worked like charm,but today I pluged them,and I was out of my right channel. I suspecetd that there is a break somewhere in cable so tried to rotate cable near chinch and near earpad,but nothing happent,channel was still "in dark". AKG`s has warranty,but I got them from the other country,so I can't claim it here...Any thoughts/suggestions before I gone mad?

Tnx all 4 reply

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 7
Do you hear anything at all from that bad channel such as faint music?  If so the adapter may be malfunctioning or broken.  Try plugging the headphones into a few devices like a home stereo, back of your PC, and phone to see if the channel comes back.  If it does it could very well be the jack plug.  Are you using an adapter with the headphone jack?

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 7
If it sound "dark" like you said, I suspect it's the jack problem. Did you drop it recently? If not, try pushing the jack deeper into the source and see if there's any improvement. I do suffer such issue with my IEM but that's only with my iPod Nano as the iPod jack are somewhat broken sometime. No sound might be produced sometimes. 

Hope this help! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back