Akg K550 or K271 mkii or Sennheiser hd 265 linear ??? Help
Dec 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rock9

New Head-Fier
Hi guys Im new I want to take one but which one?
I want a wide soundstage, neutral and flat sound.
I listening generally orchestral movie soundtracks. Classics. Acoustics.
Who used both.
Who has experience. I need help.
Akg K550 or K271mkii

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 10
I guess the "K555" is a typo where you meant K550 or K551?

In any case, the K271 mkII should be avoided at all costs.
It is objectively and subjectively one of the worst modern headphones I have ever heard and measured.

The K550/551 does not have a big soundstage, but it is fairly neutral for a closed-back.

If you're not limited to closed-back headphones, AKG K612 Pro is incredibly neutral and has a larger than average soundstage.

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 10
I guess the "K555" is a typo where you meant K550 or K551?

In any case, the K271 mkII should be avoided at all costs.
It is objectively and subjectively one of the worst modern headphones I have ever heard and measured.

The K550/551 does not have a big soundstage, but it is fairly neutral for a closed-back.

If you're not limited to closed-back headphones, AKG K612 Pro is incredibly neutral and has a larger than average soundstage.
Thanks greq I wrong typed sorry. Its K550 or 271mkii yes. Every people says different things. Some of them says K550 have a huge soundstage. K271 mkii is so analytic and cold.
I dont know which one is better for me.

Dec 30, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 10
K550/551 are fundamentally the same headphone.
The soundstage, even for a closed-back headphone is relatively small.
The staging is barely larger than small form-factor closed-backs and smaller studio monitor headphones.

But the frequency response is fairly neutral for a closed-back.
(foam inserted to attenuate some treble energy)
k551 + foam insert.jpg

However, the K550 soundstage is easily bested by others like Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro.
But DT770 is not as neutral as K550, it is more v-shaped with more bass and treble emphasis, so I didn't recommend it.

The K271 MKII is just a bad headphone.
The frequency response graph is a total mess - one of the worst I've ever seen.
It is a seriously flawed headphone - it does not sound good, and anyone who says it sounds good is wrong.
AKG K271 MKII.jpg

Dec 30, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 10
K550/551 are fundamentally the same headphone.
The soundstage, even for a closed-back headphone is relatively small.
The staging is barely larger than small form-factor closed-backs and smaller studio monitor headphones.

But the frequency response is fairly neutral for a closed-back.
(foam inserted to attenuate some treble energy)
k551 + foam insert.jpg

However, the K550 soundstage is easily bested by others like Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro.
But DT770 is not as neutral as K550, it is more v-shaped with more bass and treble emphasis, so I didn't recommend it.

The K271 MKII is just a bad headphone.
The frequency response graph is a total mess - one of the worst I've ever seen.
It is a seriously flawed headphone - it does not sound good, and anyone who says it sounds good is wrong.
AKG K271 MKII.jpg

Oh really? Is it that bad? Im so suprised. Its "studio headphone" and why so bad amazing..
I think I select K550. Thanks a lot GREQ. 👍👍👍👍

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 10
Hi Greq Im disturbing you again but can you give ne advice again?
Sennheiser hd 265 linear. I can buy this.
Akg K550 or this. What can you say? Can you look at the hd 265's frequency response graph? Thanks man.

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 10
I found a spectrum for this headphones.
Hd265 linear is a old studio standart headphones.
Again, this unfortunately does not tell me so much, since I don't know what equipment it was measured with, what kind of compensation, if any, is applied to the graph; and even with that info, the level of detail provided appears to be extremely smoothed out, again providing little info fr me.
That said, even if I was given a comparable graph (comparable to my database), that still wouldn't tell the whole story about the headphone sounds.

The reality is, I can't help you with this headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back