AKG k518 DJ in black anyone?
May 3, 2010 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BrandonB

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to find anywhere that sells the AKG K518 in black. I really want this headphone but all of the colors look crazy to me. I just want black! Does anyone have a source for these?

Brandon

May 3, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 7
Technically the K518DJ is the black one. The silver-striped set is the K81DJ and the various other colors are all K518LE. Not aware of any place selling them, though.

May 3, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 7
I've got mine but at the moment i'm unwilling to part with them. I know what you mean about the choice of colours. the headphone world seems to have gone colour crazy.

May 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got mine but at the moment i'm unwilling to part with them. I know what you mean about the choice of colours. the headphone world seems to have gone colour crazy.

I hear that. I'm looking for new ones anyway but thought that someone may know if one of our vendors or even a reputable dealer on the bay would have them..

May 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear that. I'm looking for new ones anyway but thought that someone may know if one of our vendors or even a reputable dealer on the bay would have them..

Pass! What I do know is that 'New' prices have nearly doubled!

May 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pass! What I do know is that 'New' prices have nearly doubled!

ok. Yellng "pass" at me may even be less helpful than your previous post informing me that I can't have yours. Where did you see them for sale at double the price. The K518LE are everywhere for $120. So you bought yours for $60 But I want the DJ.

May 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 7
Well I picked up a K81 DJ for a good price (yes less than half the K518) which is close enough.  I was pretty dissapointed at first until I realized that I forgot to take the foam things out. 
confused_face_2.gif
  I popped them out and bent the metal part of the headband so it's almost straight and now I have a pretty decent sounding portable set of headphones.  Thanks for the help guys.

L3000.gif

Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back