AKG K403 -Impression, Experience, Opinion-
Jan 20, 2017 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IkuMiku96

New Head-Fier
*if you ever owned, used or even tested this headphone, pls share~! need info

I just got this headphone, just arrived to my house (thanks postman).
The packaging is, well, not friendly to open and i need scissors (or actually, paperknife, which i searched for it but didnt found it).

The package says it has 2 years warranty. But... how? how to register warranty? the details are empty and seems like this warrany card need to be written by the store (yet this is oversea products). any info about the warranty is helpful

Right, the product. My first impression,
Feels cheap, like the one i always saw around $5-7 one in pc and supersave store. The pads feel course and my ears feel ichy. But once i play The Queen - Another One Bites the Dust with what i almost regret buying this, i dont care anymore about how cheap it feels, the sound is luxury and detail!

well though, the bass is a bit underpowered but since this is semi-open back headphone, i guess is normal (plus, the pad isnt really covering my ear so less bass). i can counter fix this by tuning up 32Hz and 64Hz up by 3dB or 4dB (and reduce preamp by 3-4dB)

this headphone is indeed louder than my usual daily Philips SHM7110 (which i never realised mine is good till i tried most good headphones). with my Galaxy S3 volume, difference by 2 sliders. so with the equalizer setting i did, sounds lever enough. (though i still wondering why is louder despite having same impedance as mine)

again, the bass is a bit underpowered so this headphone isn't for bass lover. but, since this is semi-open back headphone (and not fully covering my ear), i bet that this headphone wont really enjoyable with unpleasant souurounding. kinda beats the purpose of being portability on street but good in quiet environment, like in library. BUT at the same time, not suitable in library due to heavy leaking XP.

listening to my usual volume but im pretty sure in 10 feet or more someone can hear it. very leaky one.

as for portability, my first time ever looking at smallest headphone when folded. i bet this can fit in pockets and small bags (though headphone bag isnt included). also, with the advertised 3D-axis folding, it folds really easily, like  err, you can just pull out the headphone (with 2 hands pulling the cans) and the headphone just retracts. very unique. but, thi actually annoys me that this headphone retracts back when im about to wear this on my head. i had to hold the top part everytime to wear this. plus, both cans fold in anti-clockwise direction, means, when folded, the speakers face each other, unlike most headphones. oh yeah, not cmfortable to wear this on my neck as if the headphone tries to choke me XP

for audio plesure, i would say (with quiet environment), enjoying songs like Hans Zimmer would make me dream~ will try to be sure but so far, The Queen i've been listening now has some 'life' with this.

havent done any burn it (i just received this. seems from South Korea, from Sovico store i guess). will report if i notice any differences after awhile (though i might not noticing it, any guideline?)

well, i guess thats it for now? any if you curious about this headphone, ask me (since i will be using this as my daily headphone), i guess?

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 3
i wonder if this headphone is considered as an entry audiophile headphone. (is flat enough except for lower frequencies)
(i dont know in reality how to examine its accuracy or such)

i dont really know the burning procedure because i just listening with this headphone everyday (i guess around 2 hrs per day, sometimes)

by my ear, i dont hear any differences. but i dont really know if my ear is actually adjusted to this headphone. but im pretty sure when compared to my Philips, the Philips is like an underdog to me now.

no improvement or a bit for bass response. i always incline up 32Hz and 64Hz about 2-3dB just for sake of balancing up bass.
tried to flat EQ, seems the same as before (or less due to the setting that my ear is now adjusted XD)

well... i dont recommend putting this headphone folded to your pocket with your phone... my headphone's right can got scratched, the AKG printing is visibily scratch T^T.
but, i can wear this everyday on my ears cuz i can hear outside world pretty much as almost loud as without one. i can even answering phone and still clearly hear voices XD (as long as you mute or pause songs)

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 3
i guess this will be my last post regarding the AKG K403.
this will be my ex-headphone because i lost this while travelling...

its truthly portable that you can keep them in your pocket but, im a type that can sometimes be forgetful which is why i aways wears it.

but, keeping in pockets can be fall off, which, i lost mine falling off....

so, co conclusion, this headphone is great for portability and having a great sounding but that depends on your style of portability.
(and i can say that this is really comparable with Beyerdynamic DTX710 by sounds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back