AKG K340 Questions
Sep 17, 2006 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Borat

Headphoneus Supremus
My pair of K340's says "ELECTROSTATIC-DYNAMIC SYSTEMS" on the cups, but I noticed other pairs have "ELECTROSTAT-DYNAMIC SYSTEMS" on them instead. Does this indicate any difference (age, type (bassy/non-bassy), production run, etc.)?

(I'm sorry if this has been answered many times. I tried a search and came up with nothing.)

Also, are there any Headphile K340 owners that preferred the sound of their K340's stock over the modded? I ask because at the moment I don't have any real complaints about the sound of the stock version, but I have never heard the Headphile version so I cannot make any conclusions.

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 10
I have the "Electrostat" version. You've heard mine. Is there a difference with yours? I realize that it's been more than a month so it's probably hard to make such a determination.

Mine are being modded by Larry right now. Maybe we could meet for a comparison after they come back?

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 10
Mine say "Electrostat-Dynamic Systems" and I purchased them new in 1985. Not sure if that tells you anything, but I'd suspect that the "Electrostatic-Dynamic Systems" moniker is the name given to the older version.

Sep 19, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 10
Mine says Electrostat-Dynamic Systems (and has the AKG logo on the headband) and is the bass-light version.

Aditya

Sep 19, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 10
It seems we can't define the amount of bass by this marking either, judging from above posts. Well, mine say Electrostatic but are the bass heavy version, at least compared to the other pair I owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back