Akg k271s question..please help
Aug 31, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 24
Apotek, it's not hard to decide on a headphone to buy if you remove some unconscious limitations from your thinking, such as foolish "spending limits" or "ceilings". Undoubtedly the Sennheiser Orpheus is best; decide to buy that and your troubled thoughts and inner torment over what the best choice is will be removed forever
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by apotek
wow that was a strong comment on a900...so many people like them a lot in this forum..but I never had them so I don't know at all...

can someone tell me why it is so difficult to chose one headphone????i can not decide now...I am totally screwed
smily_headphones1.gif
)))))I guess that what head-fi do to you......god I wish I could try some of these headphones before I buy it.....

anyways..i still would like to know more about akg's bass quality...I still don't now..if this can has bass at all???or what kind of bass????I mean I can buy a900 i have the money...but I wanna buy something good in a long run..and akg's that I found is alot less then ath's....so we will see I guess....

I can't speak specifically on headphones since I have only used a few sets in the last few years. However, as a car audio nut...that's just the nature of audio. It's entirely subjective. Different speakers, cans etc have their own sound signature. Throw in a wide range of musical tastes to blur the lines even further. Just try some out from a place that has a return policy. Trust your own ears.

AKG 271S - I'm listening to them right now. Great set of cans but not "thumpy" bass so look elsewhere if that's what you want.

Aug 31, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #18 of 24
From what I hear, the AKGs scale better - so if you're planning on having one headphone for the long term, and will be upgrading the other components in your system, you'll hear more improvement out of the AKGs.

My other pair of headphones (for working out and such) is the KSC-75, so I can make bass comparisons only to it. The KSC-75 brings the bass in mass quantities, but it's not as controlled as the AKGs. The AKG has considerably less bass quantity-wise - however, it's quite accurate, and if you need more bass, it'll handle bass boost like a champ. The only way that you'll be able to know for sure whether you like them is to try them - I recommend getting them from a place with a really good return policy and auditioning for a couple days.

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

wow that was a strong comment on a900...so many people like them a lot in this forum..but I never had them so I don't know at all...

Very few people have the same audio priorities as me. In addition to that, some people haven't heard anything better and don't have a frame of reference. Others are fanboys in denial, and yet others just repeat what other people say without doing any listening themselves.

Quote:

can someone tell me why it is so difficult to chose one headphone????i can not decide now...I am totally screwed
smily_headphones1.gif
)))))I guess that what head-fi do to you......god I wish I could try some of these headphones before I buy it.....

The answer for me was very easy, get myself to head-fi meets and try out everyone elses gear. Head out to stores and demo stuff. Find a head-fi member in your area and ask if you can hear his gear. That's how I got to hear the Grado PS-1 Pro.

Quote:

anyways..i still would like to know more about akg's bass quality...I still don't now..if this can has bass at all???or what kind of bass????I mean I can buy a900 i have the money...but I wanna buy something good in a long run..and akg's that I found is alot less then ath's....so we will see I guess....

To me it doesn't have nearly enough bass, but the bass that's there is good, deep, and clean, just ain't enough of it. Quality's a fair bit better than the A900, but quantity ain't as much.

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

I honestly have no idea what more I can say. I've already put two lengthy posts on this single topic, and I don't think there's anything more I can do for you. Have you read my two posts above? I thought I explained it quite clearly as possible, but if not, I really don't know what to say other than somehow getting your hands on a pair and listening to them yourself.

To put it simply: these cans don't have too much bass. It's clean and it's deep and I find it to be very smooth as well. I don't listen to any music that requires too much bass (I sorely dislike hiphop/rap) and if I'm listening to any electronic music, I tend to just use my speakers for the all around effect. I usually listen to more melodic metal, so I'm more into the guitars and such, although drums are quite important, the bass isn't all that important for me. If you like bass in the background, more there because it needs to be rather than upfront and in your face, these are some good cans to look at.

To be honest though, you just can't keep asking what the bass is like on these cans. I searched far and wide on these forums and got the same answer that I'm giving you, so I ended up just whipping out some cash, buying the suckers, and listening for myself. I, unlike many others, was pleasantly pleased with the phones, so I opted to keep them. And considering that you're in New York (City?), there should be a place where you can try them out, we don't have too much of that in Minnesota, and I don't have enough time to go into Chicago all that often when I'm at school, so I tend to just buy them and try them. Best way to go I think.

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
I honestly have no idea what more I can say. I've already put two lengthy posts on this single topic, and I don't think there's anything more I can do for you. Have you read my two posts above? I thought I explained it quite clearly as possible, but if not, I really don't know what to say other than somehow getting your hands on a pair and listening to them yourself.

well ojnihs..I read your posts...my question wasn't for you...I was asking for other head-fiers opinion..since this is a forum I guess I would like to get someother people's idea besides yours...If you don't mind...

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

well ojnihs..I read your posts...my question wasn't for you...I was asking for other head-fiers opinion..since this is a forum I guess I would like to get someother people's idea besides yours...If you don't mind...

No I don't mind at all. Nor do I want to start an arguement or flame war here, not my thing at all. I didn't know the question wasn't for me, I was merely trying to help out because I feel that I have some experience with these cans. But if you don't want it, then that's fine.

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 24
no no no i appriciate your help..and effort,you are taking your time and putting some comments here..but all I am saying is I would like to get diffirent ideas...don't get me wrong...

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Hi everyone;
1-how is the bass quality when you compare these two(k271s vs. hd-280)??
2-would I be able to full-run akg's with my pimeta??or with the marantz??
3-I was also looking ath-a900 which is little more expensive but doesn't need an amp..what do you think about a900 when you compare to both senn's and akg's??

K271S owner checking in!

1. Bass QUALITY is very good, accurate and deep. Bass presence/quantity, not so much. It's there, but sometimes you have to listen for it. They respond very well to things like bass boost or the loudness switch on a reciever, which can help make up for that slight deficiency.

2. Either one should be just fine. They're not as hard to drive as a lot of people seem to think.

3. I have no experience with those. Reportedly they have a bit of a recessed midrange and more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back