AKG k271 vs. Sennheiser HD600?
Jul 9, 2020 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaveSo

New Head-Fier
I already have a pair of the AKGs that I have had forever. I am thinking about a new pair of cans as I just got a Cary 300SEI integrated tube amp with a nice headphone out section. Is it worth buying some HD600s? I listen almost exclusively to jazz. I am not looking to spend more than $350.

Thanks.

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Sennheiser HD580, HD600. Beyerdynamic DT 880 or T1 (used)

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Holy moly! Yes it is most definitely worth it!
Seeing as the K271 is closedback I’d recommend you get an openback either way as they do sound more natural..well at least to these ears:)
As you mostly listen to jazz the 600 should suit you hand in glove. I don’t think you can get a better headphone for the genre, be that Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Pharoah Sanders, Duke Ellington, Sarah Vaughn, Don Cherry, Herbie Hancock or Albert Ayler. The newer cats on the block sound utterly brilliant over the old Sennheiser as well, in fact I’m listening to The Comet Is Coming’s Trust In The Lifeforce Of The True Mystery and am again reminded why I love this headphone so much.
Also...you just got a tube amp. The 600 and tubes together are like bees and honey:wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back