AKG K271 mkii and Sennheiser HD650 Power usage
Oct 7, 2009 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

achow

New Head-Fier
I am just wondering the power usage on these phones

Are they super power eaters?

I generally listen to music ~4 hours a day where i can't have the battery dying.

For people on iphones, can you give me an idea as to how long they last on your device?

thankss so much

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't have an iPhone but I ran the AKGs on my iRiver H140 (with an original 5.5-year-old battery) for about 9 hours, plus I did a couple of hours of recording on the iRiver and it still had some battery life left after all that. I imagine that a new device like the iPhone has much better battery life than the antique H140, so you should be in good shape.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have an iPhone but I ran the AKGs on my iRiver H140 (with an original 5.5-year-old battery) for about 9 hours, plus I did a couple of hours of recording on the iRiver and it still had some battery life left after all that. I imagine that a new device like the iPhone has much better battery life than the antique H140, so you should be in good shape.

So do I, but I use Sony A826+AKG K271s, I haven't had any troubles
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and the 271s need current. I can't imagine not amping them.

That is also what I thought a long time, so I always carried my 12V Cmoy with me when I used the 271s on the go. However, I have given up amping them meanwhile, my Sansa e280 as standalone with its resulting 95% SQ is sufficient IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back