AKG K27 vs AKG K81 (Best Cans for Rap)(BASS)
Apr 19, 2006 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Basketballer

New Head-Fier
In short, i bought the Senn.HD201s, they suck. Im getting the Senn.HD212s, and i fear they will suck too. By suck, I mean, they are not what i want. I want the best headphones in the $20-$80 range for banging out to rap music. I like my music loud. i like it with BOOMING bass you can feel that is found in the basslines of rap music. (from Jay-Z to Little Jon) I want my new headphones to sound like the inside of a car loaded with a killer system comprised of two 12" W7s or Brahmas or any of those LOUD yet DISTORTIONLESS subs as if they were amped by thousand dollar amps! Now, i know this is probably not possible, but i want the closest thing to it.

DEEP BOOMY DISTORTIONLESS CLEAR BASS, and i want to hear the words CLEARLY too. Unlike some people who have great subs/amps but stock speakers.

SO after another thread, i feel that AKG is company that makes what i want. But I dont know which set is more perfect for me. I dont mind big headphones, i have a strong neck, im sure they dont make headphones that will break it. If more weight from bigger speakers in the cans, and a bigger driver/magnets/air space, means that it will sound more like i want, thats fine. i will sacrifice.

ANYWAY: K27 or K81 ?? I want closed back, overthehead headphones. not the ear pieces or behind the necks. i've also been suggested Audio Technica ATH-M30 and will take other suggestions but it seems like the K27 or the K81 is what I want. So, what are the differences and what should I choose.

Apr 19, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 5
AKG K81DJ's can do what you want. They can really kick bass when it's called for.
basshead.gif
I haven't heard the K27's, but I understand they are not as good in comparison.

Apr 19, 2006 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basketballer
DEEP BOOMY DISTORTIONLESS CLEAR BASS, and i want to hear the words CLEARLY too. Unlike some people who have great subs/amps but stock speakers.

Go for the K81's. The 26's are known for bloated bass that overwhelms practically all other aspects of the music. The 81's, as far as I'm aware, don't have *as much* bass as the 26's, but they are a much higher end can, much more comfortable, and have a sweet midrange which will help you to hear the words clearly.

I'm listening to mine right now and am very happy with them. I listen to a good deal of hip hop and these deliver enough bass to keep me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back