AKG K26P vs. PX200 vs. ATH-FC7
Jun 2, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #16 of 28
okay, okay! i'm ordering the fc7 from audiocubes and the k26p from musician's friend. i'll be sure to post my thoughts about each one and which one i decide to keep! (although my boyfriend's birthday is coming up and he just has sony walkman headphones... maybe i'll give him the one i don't want and get him started on this stuff too!
evil_smiley.gif
)

thanks for all the advice!

Jun 3, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomic
okay, okay! i'm ordering the fc7 from audiocubes and the k26p from musician's friend. i'll be sure to post my thoughts about each one and which one i decide to keep! (although my boyfriend's birthday is coming up and he just has sony walkman headphones... maybe i'll give him the one i don't want and get him started on this stuff too!
evil_smiley.gif
)

thanks for all the advice!

Lucky guy. I briefly listened to the fc7, but I'd love to hear what you think between the 2. Any chance you can throw in a pair of HD201s as well?

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
I briefly listened to the fc7, but I'd love to hear what you think between the 2. Any chance you can throw in a pair of HD201s as well?

I'm in the process of making a large (>10 items) headphone purchase for work. Rather than take the easy way out and buy all of one item, I went the Head-fi way and got a good cross-section of phones. Budget was a key factor, so I ended up going with k24p, k26p, HD201, MDR-XD200, and KSC-75. At home, I have the PX100 and PX200, so I'm set up nicely to do a budget-can shootout. Or I could add in the MDR-V6 and HD280, take out the k24p, KSC-75, and PX100, and do a <$100 closed-phone shootout. It would be fun to do both if I can find the time. Once all the phones arrive and are burned in, I'll see what I can do. Oh, haven't heard the FC7, unfortunately.

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorrison
Or I could add in the MDR-V6 and HD280... ...and do a <$100 closed-phone shootout.

Don't forget the K240 Studio if you do this.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
wink.gif

At the moment, I've only got a K141S. Been a couple years since I heard the K240S, but my memory is that the two are fairly similar. I could certainly include that as well.

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Lucky guy. I briefly listened to the fc7, but I'd love to hear what you think between the 2. Any chance you can throw in a pair of HD201s as well?

Well, skitlets, I thought about the 201's at first but realized I was really more interested in the foldable ones. I'm still curious about them and would like to listen to them sometime. How did you like the fc7?

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

wink.gif

Because semi-open is almost closed?
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Because semi-open is almost closed?

Sorry, I didnt realize that he was only reviewing closed headphones... perhaps the KSC-75's are what threw me?
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #24 of 28
Or perhaps it was the "take out the k24p, KSC-75, and PX100"-part you didn't quote...
wink.gif

Happy weekend greetings!

Manfred / lini

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #25 of 28
I didn't read the 'closed-phone' part... that is all. Personally I think that under $100 most of the closed headphones are pretty lacking. I think that at that price range open headphones are the only choice.

Jun 3, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

(...) Personally I think that under $100 most of the closed headphones are pretty lacking. (...)

I didn't have much luck there yet, either - sound quality of that Creative ATH-FC7 version seems pretty fair for the price, though, at least for portable applications.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 7, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorrison
I'm in the process of making a large (>10 items) headphone purchase for work. Rather than take the easy way out and buy all of one item, I went the Head-fi way and got a good cross-section of phones. Budget was a key factor, so I ended up going with k24p, k26p, HD201, MDR-XD200, and KSC-75. At home, I have the PX100 and PX200, so I'm set up nicely to do a budget-can shootout. Or I could add in the MDR-V6 and HD280, take out the k24p, KSC-75, and PX100, and do a <$100 closed-phone shootout. It would be fun to do both if I can find the time. Once all the phones arrive and are burned in, I'll see what I can do. Oh, haven't heard the FC7, unfortunately.

I've been wating for a <$100 closed portable comparison for a while now. Sounds like a good idea to me
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapples10
I've been wating for a <$100 closed portable comparison for a while now. Sounds like a good idea to me
icon10.gif

I'm still waiting for the ksc-75, but all the closed phones are here and should be broken in within a couple of days. I'll go ahead and do the closed headphone comparison first. I guess I hadn't read enough about the MDR-XD200 to realize that it is semi-closed. Still, maybe it's probably worth comparing them to the others in this group (V6, PX200, k26p, HD201, HD280, HP170), since some of them don't really isolate much anyway. And if I do that, maybe I'll include the K141 as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wish I could get my hands on a DT231 and an FC7, just to be thorough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back