AKG K26P, PortaPro, Ksc75, Ksc35 or...?
Aug 30, 2005 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

technetium

100+ Head-Fier
Well I can´t decide on which to buy. I want to use them while ridding my bike and for running, so i don´t what to to pay the price of a couple of decend shure´s or etc. (they would easily cost 120$ (e2c) incl. tax and delivery)
Second i really don´t like the feel of in-ears.

I narrowed the list down to more or less these:

Akg k26p
Portapro
Ksc75, ksc35

here in Denmark (EU) they all cost mere or less the same, meaning 50$.

The souce is a beosound2 (well as a dane, I have to support our own company´s
rolleyes.gif
)

Well what do you guys think?

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 13
I really like my AKG K26Ps but I would advocate them for riding or running. Air movement over the cups is very audible (especially with a good seal). I find anything about about a 5 mph wind to be distracting. YMMV of course......

Ant

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 13
Definitely NOT PortaPros for biking because of the terrible windnoise! That's the reason I've been searching for another pair. Tried the AKG 24s, but they're not much better wrt the windnoise and probably worse in other aspects (haven't done a direct comparison).

Aug 30, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 13
I wonder if the closed ones are in general as bad as open ones, better or worse with regard to windnoise? I was originally going to try the now notorious AKG 26s but wasn't able find them locally and found the 24s for 25 euros.

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
ksc35 or ksc75. between the two, i'd pick the ksc35 as they have better mids and highs.

I think the KSC75 has massive bass though for such a little phone. I like em a lot but you can't go wrong with either one.

Aug 31, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #12 of 13
thanx for the reply´s, I think I am going with the ksc75, althoug they are the most expensive on my list.
And then lest see how they will cope with snow, rain, me falling down from wierd places and so on.

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #13 of 13
You might try the Kramer Mod to raise mids and highs towards "Gradoesque" kinda sound (works for mine). Downside would be the loss of lifetime warranty and increased suspectibility for (short) hair penetrating the pads and causing "ksssss" at low freqs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back