AKG K240S, just received
Apr 30, 2003 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 9
Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet, Ivica.

(I don`t usually do this, but just couldn`t resist welcoming first neighbour I ever met here.
biggrin.gif
)

Nemoj se razocarati, ako pocnu da ti popuju tipa "upotrebi prokleti search" i slicno. Mnogo je finih tipova na forumu, samo im nekad treba vremena...

Having said that, I`m sorry I can`t be of any help regarding your questions..

Make sure you first burn in your headphones completetly (might take more than 24hrs) and have fun.

miroslav

Apr 30, 2003 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Welcome gipsy.

The 240S comes with a not bad cable. Yes, it is thin, and sure you could do better, but not sure if it worth the hassle.

I recommend burning them in. My experience has been that depending on what you plug them into, has a big impact on the sound.

May 1, 2003 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Number9
I recommend burning them in. My experience has been that depending on what you plug them into, has a big impact on the sound.

Yes, a good amp with low impedance output is definitely a plus with the K240S.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

May 1, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 9
if it's just an extenion cable, 18 guage speaker wire should suffice. if howerever you want to make your own ables, just do a google search. i like Merkertek products.

May 2, 2003 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 9
Ivica: I don't really have a recommendation for the cable, other than taking a not too thin one with individual shielding for both conductors. For the plugs, Neutrik is usually quite good. But maybe you could contact AKG for a source of that micro-plug used on the headphone, so you could directly build a longer cable instead of an elongation - as less transistions usually equal better sound quality.

And btw, the K240S sounded good on my old Marantz PM 510 as well as on the recent PM 8000 - nevertheless it's still better in combination with the Corda HA-1, for example...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

May 2, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
(I don`t usually do this, but just couldn`t resist welcoming first neighbour I ever met here.
biggrin.gif
)

Nemoj se razocarati, ako pocnu da ti popuju tipa "upotrebi prokleti search" i slicno. Mnogo je finih tipova na forumu, samo im nekad treba vremena...

My guess is that warned him about Team Search. Yes?
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2003 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
My guess is that warned him about Team Search. Yes?
biggrin.gif

More like a warning that he might be warned by some member of Team Deter the Newbie.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back