AKG K240s- I LOVE THEM
Dec 28, 2005 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

jbloudg20

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got my AKG K240s for Christmas (Thanks DAD!) so that I could try out the AKG sound. After doing my research, I decided that they would be anice break from my 325i's, but be a little more fun to listen to than my HD600's.

I was RIGHT on! Now I know why they are called the groovalizers! Pretty sweet sound out of my Millet! Track six, titled "My Elastic Eye" on The Chemical Brothers' Album, Come With Us is sooo sweet with these cans. I suggest you give both the cans, and the song a try!
340smile.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 27
I find the chemical brother go well with RS-1s. That track is pretty good. So is the album.

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 27
jbloudg20: Welcome to - elite and petite - Team Groovalizer, then! And let me hereby congratulate you to your fine taste in headphones. Team Groovalizer's membership consists only of the finest, most elusive, most experienced and smartest headphone listeners all over the world, enjoying the grooviest and most fun sound for the buck/quid/whatever.
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Membership is free, and you're even allowed to wear the silly smile of Groovalizer Nirvana [size=xx-small](tm)[/size] at member meets.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, track #6 is a good one, but I think I prefer #9 & #10. Oh, and try Moloko's "Statues" with the K240S, if you have it...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Dec 30, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 27
Congrats jbloudg20! They ARE the sweetest mids around, and the best bang for the buch rock phones, imo.

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoch
Congrats jbloudg20! They ARE the sweetest mids around, and the best bang for the buch rock phones, imo.

Oh don't get me wrong, one CANNOT beat a grado for rock music. My SR325i
s still pull Rage Against the Machine Duty. But that sounds gets fatiguing, so I wanted a fun can to listen to, that wont tire me out.

However, if I had bought my AKG's as my first cans, well I dont know if I'd own my Grado or Senn 600
340smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 27
Welcome to team Groovalizer!

Mod or remove the grille cloth cover and the veil is COMPLETELY lifted. Recable and the muddy bass cleans up. I bought them used for $70 and they replaced my DT770 as my main movie can. IMHO they fill the gap perfectly between Senn HD580 and MS2.

If I were a noob and had to to pick ONE headphone and to enter this forum with and leave with... cheap, comfey, all around performer, movie can, aggresive enough for rock, spatious and enough soundstage for jazz and more ambient kinds of music... the K240s would be THE one, amp with a millet or pimeta.

I dont like making analogies to headphones and cars... but The K240s reminds me of a Honda NSX... Jack of all trades / master of none. Astounding build quality, reliable and comfey enough to be used daily for hours on end.

I can't say enough about this can!

Garrett

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 27
i have these cans and i also enjoy them immensely. good stuff. i just hate the gold accents. i dislike gold color on anything, rather preferring silver.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 27
I already recabled mine, with Mogami. I'm alsom making another cable with silver plated copper. I removed the lining, but only briefly... I wanted to get used to them first. I also ordered the velour replacement pads for them, I'm not a huge fan of the pleather.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dachink
where do you order velour replacement pads? Damn, I hate the pleather too
mad.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=14
That is where I read about them. Just contact the parts lady, and she'll hook you up.

This is the exact reply from Pat:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Burns, AKG Parts lady
The part # is 2955z2601 and the price is $12.63 ea. plus shipping of $4.00 and tax if you are in CA. NY. or TN. Shipping only available in U.S. You can order from me with credit card. Or send a check for the total amount.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=14
That is where I read about them. Juse contact the parts lady, and she'll hook you up.

This is the exact peply from Pat:

Thanks!!... would you mind posting some impressions on the velour pads when you get em?

I tried my DT770 pads on my AKG and it wiped out the bass. Quickly reverted back to the OEM pleather sweat saunas.

Thanks,
Garrett

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Thanks!!... would you mind posting some impressions on the velour pads when you get em?

I tried my DT770 pads on my AKG and it wiped out the bass. Quickly reverted back to the OEM pleather sweat saunas.

Thanks,
Garrett

Not a problem. I sure hope they dont kill the bass, but I can't take this pleather. If push comes to shove, I'll make my own pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back