AKG K240S burn-in time?
Nov 4, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 18
BE: Alright, I managed to compare the old new Groovalizer to the new new Groovalizer tonight - and I can happily report, that the different connector apparently hasn't changed the sonic signature of the K240S. If anything, the onG might sound a smidgen smoother than the nnG, but I'd guess that's either burn-in or wear-in (the latter refering to the earpads of the onG having adapted to my head and/or the tension of the automatic headband mechanism having become less strong over the years, both causing a slightly different fit...).

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Took me a while to post that simple result, though, 'cause I made the fault to use Moloko's "Statues" for checking. Long story short: I was drawn into the music and just couldn't avoid listening through the whole cd, followed by Chemical Brothers' "Surrender"...

Nov 4, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
BE: Alright, I managed to compare the old new Groovalizer to the new new Groovalizer tonight

you're a real head-fier, lini... prefering another night with your groovalizers over one with your new girlfriend...
blink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
thx for your comments!

ot: before reading this i just jumped on the other train and ordered those currently extremely well priced dt440 (<70€/90$) because they are semi-foldable and therefore promise an easier transportable usage...

Nov 4, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #18 of 18
BE: *rofl* But no, I'm not such a mean Head-fier as you'd suspect - in fact, Petra had got ill (and she still is, but at least already felt better today - the poor girl caught a stomach infection...) and felt so bad that the only thing she wanted was to go to bed. Thus we just phoned for a while, and I could do the onG/nnG comparision later on, as promised...

Anyway, congrats to your purchase - the DT440 (which for me is the Funkalizer) is a nice headphone as well. And despite its even lower impedance, it seems less amp critical than the K240S.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back