AKG K240
Dec 22, 2006 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spiN

Head-Fier
My local Guitar Center has these in stock as well as the MDR-7506 and DT770-80. I have the opportunity to go back and audition these cans when I have a chance. Obviously I'm going regardless of anyone's opinion of any headphones they have in stock, but my question though is what is the general consensus on the K240 and 7506 vs. the V6?

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 3
The V6's main flaw is an overemphasized upper midrange that can make the slightest amount of sibilance in a recording absolutely unbearable. I would not listen to these headphones again for that reason alone.

The K240's main flaw is a somewhat slow, bloated bass response that makes them utterly useless for fast or complex music. They can sound pretty good with slower, simpler music, like a string quartet, or small acoustic recording. They are also much more comfortable than the V6, but I'd say the V6 is a bit more durable.

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 3
The 7506 and V6 are the same headphone. The V6 is the consumer version, and the 7506 is the pro-audio version.

The K240 comes in several variations (M, S, and if I recall correctly the other model is the DF). The M is pretty neutral, while the S is quite bass heavy. I haven't heard the other model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back