AKG K1000 on Audiogon
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 13
That seems to be a great price for them. But you have to realize unless you have the equipment to drive them with. You are looking at spending at least double that to get them to sound the way they should from what i have read about them. I mean if you buy the guys entire setup you are looking at $1700. Not saying they aren't worth it, they just require further investment to fully appreciate them. I have read they are the pickiest for amp selection. I would love to hear a pair someday.

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 13
yeah i didn't even notice that.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 13
Well, congrats to whomever that got it; that's one heck of a deal even with international shipping included. I would've jumped on that in a heart beat if it wasn't sold.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #9 of 13
I spoke to the seller about them. He wanted to sell the headphones cable and RKV as a batch, thats why they aren't mine. Just as well I suppose.

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 13
That is pretty weird.. In the ad, he specifically states that that price is for the headphones alone... Why would he even bother listing them like this? And in the ad, he states "This is probably one of the very last opportunities to buy this outstanding product in as-new condition, complete with all the original packaging." Really weird that he doesn't say it's only being sold as a package anywhere in the ad.

Edit: Looks likes someone got them
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #11 of 13
I e-mailed the seller when there were "0" views on the Agon ad, but I guess he sold the package already.

Just as well since I gotta stop buying K1000's so darn often...

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #13 of 13
Considering what the K1000 usually sell for these days (1000-1600) this seems like a great deal. Sale is pending though, so a bit late..
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back