AKG K1000 early vs late production?
Mar 2, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 11
Wasn't there only 12,000 produced without any changes being made?

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 11
hhmmm, I didn't think there was. In any case I would say they are very minor, that is if there are any changes at all (otherwise there would be countless threads about it considering how popular these headphones are).

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 11
the only change I am aware of, is that the lower production numbers have a black walnut veneer box, while the later ones came with a cherry veneer box - both, however, were made of the same quality particle board
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only change I am aware of, is that the lower production numbers have a black walnut veneer box, while the later ones came with a cherry veneer box - both, however, were made of the same quality particle board
biggrin.gif

and as we all know the cherry veneer box allows for a brighter presentation of the music.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #7 of 11
The only thing I ever heard about this, I think, was the change of bass quantity...or was that another AKG model?
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 11
There are said to be different bass performances among the different K1000's.
Where some are bass "heavy", while others are bass "light".

I have read a lot about it, and what's weird is that it don't seem to be a real pattern. Meaning that users have reported 'phone with close version numbers to be different, both in low and high version numbers. I have only heard one (my own) pair, so no idea if its "heavy" or "light".

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I ever heard about this, I think, was the change of bass quantity...or was that another AKG model?
biggrin.gif

hhmm, me thinks it was another model.
smily_headphones1.gif
(cough, copugh, sextett, cough)

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 11
I've also heard pairs from early and late serial numbers and the differences, if any were very very small. A couple of headfiers in the past have posted that early production K1000's tended to be a bit warmer and bassier, but again variations between similar numbers have also been reported. I personally think that age and extended break-in could account for part of what some people have heard.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think that age and extended break-in could account for part of what some people have heard.

I feel this way too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back