AKG K-812 First impressions in the studio.
May 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #16 of 19
Hi Acix, it's been about a month since you last posted.

Did you ever get the K812s back in the studio? What was your secondary impression after burn-in and/or the things Blackmore mentions above?

Still agonizing over upgrading my K240DFs. I love them, especially because they don't cause me fatigue. (Blackmore's review including all the fatigue warnings really worries me! At least the fatigue problems seem to go away after significant burn-in).

But my 240DFs have caused me some mastering issues recently and I can't always turn to my HR624s for the intimacy I need in some of the more ambient/organic material.

May 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #17 of 19
not very much activity here -- is there another K-812 thread?

after >300 hrs, I am very happy that I let my 30-day return window slip by. The music now sounds smooth, clean, full and completely coherent. With more music time, it has continued to improve. It has not surpassed my HD800 yet, but it could!

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #19 of 19
  There is another thread, yes. This thread was originally about studio use, which is what I'm specifically (narrowly!) interested in.

Unfortunately I didn't got the chance to bring them back to my studio for the third time, buy I've found this great video review that let you hear what I was referring about the HD-800 lower treble spike, the T1 spikes and the K812 lowmid boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back