AKG K 530 LTD
May 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

olblueyez

Banned
Anyone give these a try? Or maybe the white non LDT version? If you have can you describe the sound signature for me?

Thanks
regular_smile .gif

May 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi olblueyez!

I have them for nearly 1 year now.
On first try, they were bass monsters, not undamped, just lot of bass over vocals.

I tried them for some time before purchase. They were not burned in, so the signature wass full bass, forward vocals and slightly piercing treble. I got used to it, but the cups are undamped inside, just hollow space behind the drivers rear opening.

After many tries, I ended with disc of medium density foam, gray, 5-6 cm round diameter and 5mm thickness. Fits well and no cupped hollow signature remains. The original nice, wide soundstage gets compressed, yes, but is more focused now, so something you gain, something you lose using that mod.

I love them for my old Sony MD, unamped, in work from my Dell NTB, or for serious listening with HW binaural proccesor and headamp ZAMA HPA-1.

They are now not laid back, but not in-your-face either. IMO, neutral, lively and sparkling is the best way to describe them, especially treble region sounds wonderfully

Short? Ask for more if you like it.
Moonwalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back