AKG K 340 rubber loops
Dec 24, 2005 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cosmopragma

Headphoneus Supremus
Part of the self adjusting mechanism of the K 340 are rubber loops, and mine are worn out.I've looked at the AKG website for spare parts, but the K 340 isn't listed anymore.
AKG still uses a comparable self adjusting mechanism in their modern cans. There is no universal rubber band for all headphones, but different rubber bands with different part numbers.
Does anyone here know which modern spare part is suitable for the K 340?

Dec 24, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 12
Lady's hair rubber band, I use them with my K340.
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 12
Must be a cultural gap or something.
I've read some time ago in a thread I can't find at the moment that one of the modern AKG rubber loops fits exactly, and I'd prefer to purchase a perfectly working original spare part.
Where I live running down the street and ripping rubber bands off of ladies' hair is considered to be harassment and their husbands/boyfriends won't appreciate such behaviour.
And how many ladies (and/or hippies) am I supposed to knock out until I have a pair of identical rubber bands with the right length and tension?:
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Must be a cultural gap or something.
I've read some time ago in a thread I can't find at the moment that one of the modern AKG rubber loops fits exactly, and I'd prefer to purchase a perfectly working original spare part.
Where I live running down the street and ripping rubber bands off of ladies' hair is considered to be harassment and their husbands/boyfriends won't appreciate such behaviour.
And how many ladies (and/or hippies) am I supposed to knock out until I have a pair of identical rubber bands with the right length and tension?:
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just go buy some.

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
You mean you don't have a sister, girlfriend, or other friendly female you can "borrow" hair elastics from? That's how I got mine...
tongue.gif

My girlfriend has short hair, and my sister is 6 feet 3 inches, weights about 210 american pounds (all muscles, no fat) and teaches Kong Fu for a living.I certainly won't "borrow" anything from her.

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Larry at Headphile replaced mine with what looks like stock loops. You might ask him where he gets them.

Thanks.That's more in the line of answers I was originally looking for.

Dec 24, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 12
Larry also uses hair elastics... he just bought a spool of the stuff and cuts it to length.

It is what I recommend as well. I actually removed the old elastics from the plasic piece in the headband that they are attached to and filed a channel in that piece to crazy glue in the new elastics. That way you can get the perfect fit for your head while still having some give for when others use the headphone.

Great upgrade as well as the bass is more prominent when the earcups hug your head snugly.
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 12
I just cut a pair of rubber rings from a pair of condoms - very good quality of rubber/silicone and exact size. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back