AKG K 271 Studio
Oct 24, 2007 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

foges

Head-Fier
Im looking for a pair of over the air headphones headphones to connect to my computer. I dont care much for portability. I listen mostly to rock-pop music (Red hot chili peppers, offspring, 3 doors down, avril lavigne, vanessa mae). They shouldnt have too much bass, so they dont get annoying to keep on for longer periods of time.

My budget is round 200$. Would the AKG K 271 Studio's be a good choice?

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by foges /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im looking for a pair of over the air headphones headphones to connect to my computer. I dont care much for portability. I listen mostly to rock-pop music (Red hot chili peppers, offspring, 3 doors down, avril lavigne, vanessa mae). They shouldnt have too much bass, so they dont get annoying to keep on for longer periods of time.

My budget is round 200$. Would the AKG K 271 Studio's be a good choice?

It fits the "not too much bass" requirement, but I am not sure about its "genre efficiencies."

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I tried them at a hi-fi shop and in my opinion they're among the best closed cans I've tried,including the hd-25.I don't know how they compare to dt-770,though...

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 7
By "over the air" do you mean "over the ear"? They would be great "over the air" headphones because they were designed for minimal leakage out to a microphone, hence the "studio" name. I think they're a great "over the ear" can for the money too. They "turn off" when you take them off, which I think is cool too. That makes them a great "lying next to your wife in bed at night who hates the sound of headphone leakage" can. She can't hear them when they're on your head, and she can't hear them when you take them off your head either!

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 7
I cannot wear my 271s for more than an hour before my ears start hurting from the pressure of the earpads. They don't exactly encompass my entire ear (and no, I don't have large ears!) and I find myself having to take them off for a bit time to time as a result. Something to keep in mind...

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I have this problem as well with the stock pads. The velour pads seem to be an issue yet (hard to tell with only one *sigh* AKGs parts ordering leaves a LOT to be desired).

I think they are very good headphones though their presentation is a little different and may take a little getting used to. I prefer them to my HD600s and SR-225s for the most part. Isolation is pretty good, not up to IEM levels but good for most household/office type environments.

Ant

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the information, yes i did mean over the ear, must have been tired when i wrote that.

Anyone have any suggestions for headphones that will fit my music genre better and are more comfortable (anything that doesnt press heavily against the ear would be great)

can you use the HD600 without an amp and do you think they might work for my needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back