AKG K 26 P Headband Woes
Jul 21, 2005 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Davie

1000+ Head-Fier
It's been mentioned in other threads that the headband of these cans really sucks, but I'm finding it pretty painful to wear these at the moment. The first pair I got was bad enough -- had to return it because of a bum plug. The replacment pair is even more uncomfortable -- tries to slide back to the "fold up" position when they're on my head, and presses like crazy on my ears.

Has anybody found anyway to improve the fit on these, or do they get better with time?

Thanks.

Jul 22, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 6
Sorry, I meant to post pix of that fix long ago. (The problem is that the phones have been on loan to a coworker most of the time since then.) I'll try to grab some shots tomorrow and post them over the weekend.

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 6
IME, the fit (or spring tension of the headband) do improve over time. However, I own both K24P and K26P, and have never had either of them try to slide back to fold-up position. The ear pads don't press my ears to the point that they hurt, either. FWIW, I do have a large head with short hair.

Jul 22, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 6
That sucks Davie,

Mine are pretty comfortable, I just extend the headband most of the way before putting them on, then I only need minor adjustments when they're on. I haven't experienced them trying to slide back to the small position, and I haven't noticed any change in fit since I got them ~6 weeks ago. The pressure on my ears isn't a problem for me either. Everyone's heads are shaped differently... I even have long hair and am pleased the headband doesn't snag on it.

Jul 22, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 6
I think there may be some production variation involved. The first set I got was not uncomfortable, though the head band did have trouble staying extended.

episiarch, I figured out your mod and it actually worked quite nicely for keeping the headband from retracting, but didn't relieve the pressure entirely. I've tried carefully bending the headband back near the base and it seems to have helped, though not it looks a bit bent out of shape.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back