AKG K 141 Mk 2
Oct 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

The Vin

New Head-Fier
What are anyone's thoughts on these headphones?

I can't seem to find much if any info on here - happy to be directed if I've missed any obvious threads!

I'm looking to use some decent headphones, mainly if not completely at home. Mostly off my PC I'd say.

I understand this type of headband is very comfortable for extended use, they come with 2 sets of ear pads & 2 cables. Semi open is fine for the environment I'll be using them in.

I only listen to dance music - techno, trance, hard house, drum & bass as loose genres.

Would these be suitable for my needs? I have found them for £75 GBP delivered which I think is a good price for this level of headphones, & that they have the extra pads & cable included. Any thoughts greatly apreciated.

Thanks, Gavin.

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 2
the older ones (non mk2 silver) use sextett drivers and are generally proffered here (i only have old ones so i could not do a direct comparison for you), they are all 600 ohms i believe, so you will probably need an amp eventually, although they are tolerable straight from a jack.

AKG ACOUSTICS K141 CARDAN DE LUXE HEADPHONES N BOX NICE - eBay (item 350253758044 end time Oct-16-09 21:37:31 PDT)

here is a picture for reference, i paid considerably less than this guy is selling for, so i would wait if you don't need them immediately. if you buy vintage the pads will also most likely need to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back