AKG, Grato, Sennheiser?
Jul 10, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Grado + cheese grater = Grato
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah well the Grado mafia is watching you too.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 27
I'll watch out for those Grado Mafia.

Is there a good entry level Grado pair of cans to purchase? I spent a lot on my HD650s and like them, so I'm reticent to buy too expensive a pair of Grados.

Jul 11, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
beware, Bose is not considered here a good product

That's news to me.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Yeah well the Grado mafia is watching you too.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Indeed we are.

Jul 11, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by morose-
I'll watch out for those Grado Mafia.

Is there a good entry level Grado pair of cans to purchase? I spent a lot on my HD650s and like them, so I'm reticent to buy too expensive a pair of Grados.

This all depends on your idea of "too expensive." I've owned the SR-60s ($50 used), MS-1s ($85 used), and SR-225s ($150-170 used) all of which are among the best headphones I've owened at each of their own price points. I'd go with the MS-1s if you can swing it... they're a significant step up from the SR-60s which are no slouch of a set of cans.

Jul 12, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
I think that's just assumed. We're really talking about 2nd best.

Haha.... Priceless... I love it!

Jul 12, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #24 of 27
It should be noted that I've owned the 125's but they are ofted described as one of the brightest of the grado family. A lot of people are happy with the 225's as the top of the line for them, while others spring for the 325's (also bright) or the RS wood line ($$$).
Also Alessandro is bassically another Grado product under a different name.

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Indeed we are.

Good job publicly giving yourself away. Now the Sennheiser police are going to come and arrest you, and then you'll crack and give away the rest of the names! Smooth move.

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Also Alessandro is bassically another Grado product under a different name.

With different soundsignature but still having Gradoistic excitement, that is.

To morose, some people like Alessandro line more (sold only by Alessandro himself http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.html ), while some people like the Grado itself (most well-supplied hifistores carry them) more.

Best entry to Grado world would be SR225, or SR60 if you want to start cheap. MS1 from Alessandro is a starting point for Alessandro serie.

Jul 12, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #27 of 27
Well thank you all fellows. I think that I'll settle on the SR 225. I would get the SR 125, but new on Amazon.com it's only a $50.00 difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back