AKG experts I would like to request your assistance
Mar 8, 2012 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Papander

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking to buy new headphones and since I'm new at this I'd appreciate any insight you can give me.

Requirements:

- Over-ear.
- Strictly for inside the house use.
- Comfortable for long sessions. (Changeable ear pads if possible).
- I listen 30% classical music, 50% rock/metal (ad/dc, iron maiden, scorpions, whitesnake), 20% pop, rap..
- I have fiio e9 amp
- Budget 200$

After vigorously reading these forums and browsing my country's headphone selection I think AKG fits the above criteria (if I'm wrong please correct me). So I have narrowed my search down to AKG K-601 model. Does the K601 model work for my purposes? Here in EU where I live I can get it new for 191$.

Other models I have looked into are AKG K-240 MKII (156$), AKG K-141 MKII (152$), AKG K-272 HD (152$).

If you know any other headphones that would be good for me please let me know. Thank you.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Hi,

I'm looking to buy new headphones and since I'm new at this I'd appreciate any insight you can give me.

Requirements:

- Over-ear.
- Strictly for inside the house use.
- Comfortable for long sessions. (Changeable ear pads if possible).
- I listen 30% classical music, 50% rock/metal (ad/dc, iron maiden, scorpions, whitesnake), 20% pop, rap..
- I have fiio e9 amp
- Budget 200$

After vigorously reading these forums and browsing my country's headphone selection I think AKG fits the above criteria (if I'm wrong please correct me). So I have narrowed my search down to AKG K-601 model. Does the K601 model work for my purposes? Here in EU where I live I can get it new for 191$.

Other models I have looked into are AKG K-240 MKII (156$), AKG K-141 MKII (152$), AKG K-272 HD (152$).

If you know any other headphones that would be good for me please let me know. Thank you.

You already have the E9 and that will be workable with the K601 - it's a very versatile headphone, more so than
 the K701/702 for many genres. Just make sure you never use the high gain switch on the E9 - that will squash
 the sound-stage and make everything sound stuffy and congested.

The K601's airy presentation should top those other three, the K272 is not bad for a closed back but
 unless you need the portability factor - K601 should make for a better at home headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back