AKG Customer NON-Service.. Luckily AMAZON stood up
May 19, 2011 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rat Salad

100+ Head-Fier
I bought AKG K450 in December.  In May the right side is dead.  

I have a buddy works at a place that sells AKG (even tho I did not buy there because they do not sell k450) to handle for me and he said they refer all folks to AKG after 30 days

I called the AKG USA warranty department got voice mail and left a message.  24 hours later no call back.  

I tried another number I found on AKG web page and  the recorded message told me to go to akg.com/return to get an RMA number and then it hung up on me.   That web page does not exist.  
I found another number on AKG web for service and the CS rep told me they the model was not serviced there I should call 888-452-4254

I called it, it was the same number I called the first time which gave me a bad website and hung up on me..

I called the number the service number again and left another message.. two days later no reply.  Sent e-mail to their cust service 3 days ago.. no reply.

Explained all to Amazon and they the headphones back full credit (plus shipping).  They even gave me 10.00 credit toward new cans (Beyer DT1350) for my trouble.  No more AKG for me

May 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Someone on another forum had a completely different view, the K450 broke and he said AKG dealt with it very well.

I do question AKG's cheaper models durability and QC. I had the K701's and whilst they were decent I preferred the sound from other cans.

DT 1350 is a step up in every aspect to the k450's.

May 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Ya K450 made in China.  Not that everything made in China is bad, but the stuff they make in Germany is easier to quality control.

Yes.. looking forward to the Beyers.. My first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back