AKG Bumps
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #62 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Likely just some normal variations from pair to pair or AKG's well-known habit of making several small changes to phones over time. I strongly doubt AKG made any deliberate changes to the sound specifically for the K702 though, seeing as this last round of new models are just color changes with different pad and cable options.

Do you find it strange they used the same cable for the K501 on the K702? I really liked the K601/K701 cable a lot better.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fitz, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't normal burn-in for K701's closer to 300 hours?

Don't ask me, when the K701s were new the minimum amount of burn-in before you were allowed to have an opinion on them magically increased every week.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I took pictures of it in another thread. It is the exact same black screw on cable.

It's a whole lot easier to move around with and coil up for storage than the thicker ones AKGs tried, I don't really have much of an opinion on it beyond that.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

It's a whole lot easier to move around with and coil up for storage than the thicker ones AKGs tried, I don't really have much of an opinion on it beyond that.

I just like big thick sturdy cables than I can rollover with my chair and still not break.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #70 of 79
Quote:

I just like big thick sturdy cables than I can rollover with my chair and still not break.

I've rolled over nearly all the different cables AKGs used, repeatedly, and haven't found any problems yet. To be fair, after I roll over it a single time, I'll tilt the chair to pull it out of the way rather than rolling it back across again (and again).

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #71 of 79
Quote:

I've rolled over nearly all the different cables AKGs used, repeatedly, and haven't found any problems yet. To be fair, after I roll over it a single time, I'll tilt the chair to pull it out of the way rather than rolling it back across again (and again).

I guess it all depends on how fat the person on the chair is.

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #72 of 79
Quote:

I guess it all depends on how fat the person on the chair is.

Run the cable through some flexible metal conduit for electrical wiring, then you won't have to worry about damaging it with the chair.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back