AKG 712 Honey Moon Over??
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ron45

New Head-Fier
I lost half my stereo image today, I have the two halves on earbuds, changed out the cable on the 712s and it didn't matter. There must be a way to verify or possibly identify the problem with some multimeter measurements. Once again writing the question got me thinking of a possible course of action. If I measure ohms between T and S and R and S wouldn't I get an open if one side is blown or shorted? I only listen on headphone outs and not a high levels. So I don't see how there could me physical or mechanical damage. What's a good way, please, to narrow this down if I'm on the wrong track w/my thinking?

Thanks to all of you for being here,

Ron

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 2
  I lost half my stereo image today, I have the two halves on earbuds, changed out the cable on the 712s and it didn't matter. There must be a way to verify or possibly identify the problem with some multimeter measurements. Once again writing the question got me thinking of a possible course of action. If I measure ohms between T and S and R and S wouldn't I get an open if one side is blown or shorted? I only listen on headphone outs and not a high levels. So I don't see how there could me physical or mechanical damage. What's a good way, please, to narrow this down if I'm on the wrong track w/my thinking?

Thanks to all of you for being here,

Ron

Well, between TS and RS you should get the same reading if there aren't any blown speakers or shorts in the wires.\

How long have you had the headphones? I'm only asking to see if it is possible for the wire between the non-functional side and the input is even possibly broken. Is it the left side or right side that isn't functioning? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back