AKG 553 Pro vs. Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm
Nov 14, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks for replying with your opinion on the headphones. What don't you like about the 553's? I'm trying to make the same decision between these two sets since the jack on my M50's went bad, and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money for the 770's, which might have a slightly better sound signature for me though aren't necessarily a higher quality set.

The 553 had no bass presence. There was no clamp pressure, so I could never get a good seal around my ears. The headphone chord is super duper long for mobile use. I regretted the purchase and sold it the first chance I got.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 20
The 553 had no bass presence. There was no clamp pressure, so I could never get a good seal around my ears. The headphone chord is super duper long for mobile use. I regretted the purchase and sold it the first chance I got.

Glad I changed my mind then. All of those reasons sound like big negatives for me, too. Thank you!

Oct 21, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #18 of 20
Which is the better headphone between the AKG 553 Pro vs. Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm? I like that they are both over the ear and offer great isolation. Looking to purchase one for road travel.

Finally what did you buy ? Am in same dilemma... Not for road use... Home use only.
I like warm sound signature. I hate sharp trebles and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back