AKG 545 replacement pads
Aug 30, 2019 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Qupie

100+ Head-Fier
Hi headphone lovers.

A few years back I bought a few AKG headphones after doing some extensive research. I ended up buying the K612 (open back) and a bit later the k545 (closed back). Sadly, the k545 pads are very much done at this point. Almost all of the leather is gone.

I bought some replacement pads of ebay, but they are absolutely horrible. They completely change the sound signature. They seem to make the headphones on ear instead of over ear on my ears. They itch. and worst of all, they sound as if they are open back to people around me. Zero sound isolation.

Now for my question, does anybody have some good experiences with 3rd party replacement pads? Or are they always crappy? I contacted AKG and there apparently is a seller of the original pads, but they cost me 50 bucks.... and at that point it might be better to just look for a new pair of headphones (although I love my 545...)

I now realize that's not a really clear question... But any insights are very welcome on the topic and my personal situation!

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 2
I bought brainwavz HM5 for my 545 in the past for 30 €.
Only thing that's bothering was the size.
They are larger then the stock pads, put comforts very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back