akg 240 or seinhessier hd 280 For Gaming?
Oct 23, 2007 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

civictyper16

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I am looking for some good gaming/ music headphones.I have the chance to buy the akg 240 from Craigslist brand new for 50$ and a new senn
hd 280 for 65$ but I might have to bid higher since he is holding it for another guy.My budget now is 100$ should I go for one of these headphones the pricing seems like a steal.

How long are headphone cords I want to connect it to my Onkyo receiver as a amp but I am going to be sitting almost 8-10 feet from the receiver if I extend the wire would I get less audio quality.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by civictyper16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I am looking for some good gaming/ music headphones.I have the chance to buy the akg 240 from Craigslist brand new for 50$ and a new senn
hd 280 for 65$ but I might have to bid higher since he is holding it for another guy.My budget now is 100$ should I go for one of these headphones the pricing seems like a steal.

How long are headphone cords I want to connect it to my Onkyo receiver as a amp but I am going to be sitting almost 8-10 feet from the receiver if I extend the wire would I get less audio quality.

I believe the 240's are studio monitor cans.. If so, they will be very acurate, with no colorization, analyitcial, lean, & a bit on the cold side.. Studio monitor cans don't make fun gaming headphones IMO.. & AKG's aren't bass heavy..

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Oh man. $100 is so close to being enough for HD580's if you get a good deal. And HD580's are awesome for gaming! You'll be the coolest kid on the block
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Where can I get the HD 580 or Audio Technica's for 100$ the a700 look so sick.Whats the difference between open and closed headphones sound leakage wouldn't be good when I game on my pc I might bother my brother but if it improves sound then I don't care lol.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Amazon has them. Open headphones generally sound better in every aspect, in Audio Technica's case the closed models have more bass and less of everything else. Closed headphones are designed to not leak and isolate your ears from the outside. In some cases however they don't isolate as well as they stop leakage, as is with the A700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back