AKG 141 K -- one side not working :(
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

yipcanjo

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a pair of AKG 141 K cans that I bought about 4 years ago. Good headphones, haven't used 'em much, and they're still in *very* good condition.

Well. Kinda.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the non-cabled side wasn't working. I've unplugged, replugged, and even replaced the cable. No help. If I tweak the cable side enough, I can get the other speaker to start working, but I usually have to hold it in place somehow. Strangely, holding the headphones in particular way will work one time, but not necessarily the next. So weird.

Any ideas for opening these up and checking the wires/solder joints? Can I do that without destroying these suckers?

Thanks!

Yip

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by yipcanjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any ideas for opening these up and checking the wires/solder joints? Can I do that without destroying these suckers?

Check under the model number badge, there should be a screw like the K240's. I guessing a wire in the left or right cup came disconnected from the arches.

See the service document for more insight.

AKG K141MKII

AKG K141 Studio

AKG K141 Monitor

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for those service documents. I actually have the K141 Studio model, and that doc should help me rip into it a bit!
smily_headphones1.gif

Much appreciated.

yip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back